Travel Essentials Packing List for a Weekend Getaway
It’s magical to get away over the weekend. These trips are short, activity oriented treats. They offer you a break from work and bring you back all charged and rejuvenated. However, when it comes to packing, it’s funny that you find yourself stuffing your bag with the same things that you generally carry for a weeklong trip!
Also, sometimes in all the excitement, we forget to pack the most apparent items like glasses and a toothbrush. Fear not! This handy list will ensure you head for your trip without the nagging feeling that you have left something behind.
Ensure you maximise the fun by carrying minimal stress and luggage. We hope this travel list serves as a tool to help you know what travel must-haves are. If it’s not on the list, it doesn’t go in your bag!
The bag you select matters. After all, you don’t wish to waste your energy lugging several baggage pieces.
- You need a trendy, light, spacious, and easily portable weekend bag. Opt for a backpack or duffle bag. Remember one is enough!
- Packing cubes are the ultimate tool for packing light and in an organised manner. Purchase packing organisers and trust us, they will change everything for you.
The primary packing load comes from clothes.
- Carry one dressy outfit, one casual outfit, and one comfortable one that you can use for travelling and sleeping. Endeavour to bring clothes that fit within a specific colour scheme. The neutral colour scheme works best in this regard. You can interchange the clothes and can avoid packing too many things.
- Augment the appeal of your outfits by carrying accessories like scarves. Bright and interesting statement accessories can spice up your neutral hue outfits perfectly. Make sure the accessories are lightweight and eye-catching.
- A swimsuit is a must because nothing unwinds better than a dip in the pool. So pack a swimsuit even if it’s not a beach getaway. You may wish to relax in the resort/hotel pool.
Footwear is an area where we all falter. Believe us; you don’t need more than two pairs of shoes.
- Select one comfortable walking shoes and another slightly dressier pair.
- These two will cover up beautifully for all requirements over the weekend.
Toiletries can be tricky. Travellers make the biggest mistake in figuring out product usage for the trip. Look at these downsizing tips.
- Buy empty containers of various shapes and sizes. Pour your utility items into these instead of taking big containers.
- Purchase combination items like shampoo with conditioner, body cleanser that can serve as a shaving gel, and multi-use make up products. Such two-in-one items help minimise luggage.
- Resist pampering yourself for a weekend. Step down and adhere to the basics. After all, it’s only temporary, and you can get back to your particular routine once you are home.
- Invest in hanging toiletry bags. You can hook them on anywhere comfortably and use your products with ease.
- If you are hooked on to some specific cleansers and lotions, carry them along. Else for a change, try the toiletries supplied by the resort or hotel. You may be pleasantly surprised how your hair and skin react to a switch.
- It would be a good idea to leave behind the smaller things and purchase them if required.
Choose a travel wallet that is spacious enough for all your important documents and helps you keep them organised in the trip. Some of the items you may desire to keep in a safe place include your ID, credit cards, and money.
Sometimes resorts are beyond city limits so it may be wise to carry a few regular medicines along.
- Invest in a case that’s roomy yet small enough to fit into your backpack pocket.
- Pack along a pain reliever, mild laxative, anti-diarrheal medicine, bandages, and thermometer.
Packing light is as essential as packing smart. The mantra is that everything you pack must provide you comfort and serve more than one purpose. Pick up every item and question whether it is a necessity on the trip? If it passes the test, place it in your bag!